[Ti] OT - Open Office

Lisbeth Zachs zachs at swedenmail.com
Thu Mar 6 03:38:31 PST 2003

torsdagen den 6 mars 2003 kl 06.10 skrev b:

> According to Joe McDaniel:
>
>> The MS Office Suite comes with Word, Excel, Entourage, and
>> Powerpoint.  What does Appleworks have as far as Entourage and
>> Powerpoint?  Is the solution to the mail software... Mail?
>>
>> Joe Mac
~flipper answered

> Apple has Keynote, which has a lot of features that more than give
> PowerPoint a run for the money, and of course Address Book manages
> well enough, and then Mail is there, too. Address book and mail are
> freebies that work quite well.

I agree with ~flipper on the above, but AppleWorks does have its own
slideshow function as well. Though it can't import PowerPoint shows and
doesn't have half as many stationeries to start out from you can make
quite nice slides with it and show them in a similar manner as
PowerPoint. It doesn't have all alternatives of "barndoor closing",
"chessboard showing" etc between the slides, but it ought to be the
content of the slides you want to put forward not all the gewgaws.

Lisbeth in Gothenburg
<http://homepage.mac.com/holisticum> updat w more Oct details 030221
<http://www.got-a-mac.org> medlemssida för Got-a-Mac (Mug in Gothenburg)