[Ti] Mac.com

Kynan Shook kshook at mac.com
Thu Mar 6 11:06:41 PST 2003

"Dick Grable" <rgrable at mac.com> writes:
> When I travel mac.com will not work when sending mail. Have to use
> another account. This is with dial-up or high-speed. Strange that it
> only works at home and nowhere else.

Do you use your ISP's SMTP server on your .Mac account?  Check in your
mail settings.  Many ISPs block you from using their SMTP server unless
you are connected to the internet via their network.  Other ISPs have
other requirements; authenticating for SMTP, checking POP/IMAP mail
within 15 minutes of sending, etc.

It might help to try using the .Mac SMTP servers, assuming of course
the ISP you use while traveling doesn't block outgoing SMTP mail (like
I know MSN does, I think Earthlink might as well...).

Kynan Shook
kshook at mac.com
http://homepage.mac.com/kshook/index.html