[Ti] OT - Open Office

b galahad9 at earthlink.net
Thu Mar 6 11:19:01 PST 2003

According to Roger Snyder:

>     There is a AppleScript to sync Entourage to Apples Address Book at:
>
>     http://www.applescriptcentral.com/
>
>     That might give you a start. (Won't iSync do the Palm?.)
>
>     I use Entourage since I'm used to it, and don't really know if Apple's
>Mail, Address Book, iCal, are as integrated - the reason I switched from
>Eudora a while ago - (but mainly I'm resistant to learning something new
>without a compelling reason) but do use Address Book for some things (Faxes,
>etc.).
>
>--
>Roger

That sounds like me. My situation is that for a year I was always
carrying the Palm, and adding contacts, notes, and whatnot.
Meanwhile, I was mostly using Entourage for regular mail addresses
[with post offices and people on foot, 'that' mail]. I've used Eudora
as long as I can remember in computer years, so all of my email data
is there, and Apple's Address Book fills in gaps, and some overlap.

I synced Entourage and Apple's Address Book, once. It worked fine.
What it boils down to, as dumb as this probably sounds, is this: I am
completely 'spooked' at the thought of anything going wrong with the
sync process, that might wipe the data already on the Palm.

I lost 1500 out-of-print, and rare songs by plugging an iPod into my
Powerbook when I'd forgotten to hook up the external drive where all
my mp3s and aiff files were, and the idea of losing my stuff on the
Palm is a show stopper. It's one of those 128MB m130s and,
unfortunately it has enough of every type of crucial data that I'm
stuck, basically. I had a similar 'accident' with Now Up To
Date/Contact and the Palm, early on, when the stakes were
immeasurably lower, for me, and I haven't used the syncing cradle
since. I guess I just 'chickened-out' at one point, and now, the more
time passes, the higher the stakes become, vis a vis 'risk', until it
looks like walking off a cliff.

~flipper