Speeding it up...

Manoel Felciano mano at felciano.com
Sat Mar 8 12:08:43 PST 2003

OK--

I'm so tired of things going at a snail's pace on my tibook 667 with
10.2.4 and 1 gig RAM.

I've tried most of the things I've researched on the web. Gotten the
"Macaroni" tool to repair permissions, etc. Tried (in vain) to get rid
of most of Norton stuff on my machine.

My last step is to repartition everything onto ONE drive, which
apparently is the better way to go so as to assure contiguous free
space, contrary to what I had read in a lot of the mainstream mac
press. Right now I have my 40 gig drive partitioned into 30 gigs
storage, 5 gig for OSX and 5 gig for OS 9. Something tells me this may
not have been wise.

Anybody have any other tips? a link to "top ten things to do to speed
up OSX" kind of stuff?

thanks again

mano