Strange ethernet

Dick Grable rgrable at mac.com
Sat Mar 8 12:40:16 PST 2003

Just finished installing whole house ethernet but now can't get it to
work. Even changed wireless routers with no improvement. Our old LC575
running 7.5.1 connects fine but neither a Win98 or my Tibook (OS10.2.4)
works. The real mystery here is why the LC works but nothing else.
Suspect the wiring since the Tibook works when plugged directly into
the router (this is how we were before). Any ideas on why the LC would
work but nothing else? Am using Charter cable service. Also, if i
connect from the modem to a 10 base hub and then to the Win98 machine
it works. But as soon as the router in introduced the newer computers
quit. Quite mysterious and aggravating.

P.S. Wireless works fine.