[Ti] Safari Beta v.64 is out [NOT HERE]

Victor Eijkhout eijkhout at cs.utk.edu
Wed Mar 12 10:03:02 PST 2003

>I was encouraged when Apple announced that Safari would be open source. It
>sounded a bit like the good old days. But now I see that they too may be
>doing a 180° switch and threatening anyone who circulates interim builds.

I don't think they ever said it would be open source. They used an
open source browser, and gave back changes.

Btw, on the subject of "open" and "Apple", there is a *really*
interesting last page article in the new MacWorld. Basic conclusion:
Apple is open when it suits them. Quite worth reading.
--
Victor Eijkhout <eijkhout at cs.utk.edu>
tel: 865 974 9308 (W), 865 673 6998 (H), 865 974 8296 (F)