OS X woes

Henry Kalir kalirhe at UMDNJ.EDU
Wed Mar 12 12:36:30 PST 2003

Dear All,

I've been having browser problems with IE 5.2 ever since I've upgraded
Netwcape 7.0 to 7.0.1

This problem consisted of crashes when trying to open java-intensive
web-sites (such as backgammon in pogo.com). The Netscape browser did only
a little better, but would frequently crash too.

Yesterday, I allowed Software Update to install a Java update, and now I
can't open any of those sites at all.

I'm using a Ti G4 800 MHz with OS 10.2.4

Reinstalling IE 5.2 - did not help, neither did reinstalling NN 7.0.1

This is very frustrating. I mean - here's a new OS with admittedly some
improvements, but it acts like a bad Windoze OS - one can no longer take
it apart, or save it and recopy it to get a non-corrupted OS (as was the
case with all the OS up to OS 9), it has tons of invisible files, all
sorts of funny "permissions" no serious diagnostic or repair programs (I
DID run disk repair - nada!) are currently available for it...WHAT A
PAIN!! Oh...and it's so darn slow!!! With that @#%@! beach ball...GRRRRR

If anyone has ANY ideas what to do here - I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks for listening.

Best,

Henry