[Ti] Battery Question

Trevor J. Hutley hutley at geneva-link.ch
Thu Mar 13 01:00:16 PST 2003

>>Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 15:31:10 -0800
>>Subject: [Ti] Battery Question
>>From: Chris/Gail Ladd <ladd at citytel.net>
>>
>>Just got a new 1Gh TiBook.  Can i leave my battery installed  and then
>>run the  TiBook  " plugged in"  (that's what i've been doing) or should
>>I remove the battery once it is fully charged.
>>
>At 08:39 +0100 13-3-2003, Massimo Marino wrote:
>The only suggestion is to let the battery fully discharge out of use
>at least the first time before re-charging it (but that might not be
>anymore necessary with new battery types: haven't checked lately).
>
>My battery is installed all the time and I most of the time am
>plugged-in. Battery lasts not less than 4 real-time hrs when
>unplugged (and working).
>
>Massimo

I agree with Massimo. For a new battery (as I just got), let it run
right out, then fully charge it.  This should ensure maximum life.
Some say repeat the discharge completely every 3 months.  For me,
that happens anyway (whilst travelling, I often use the Ti-book until
the battery is empty) at least that often.

Normally, my battery is in all the time, and my Ti-book is plugged in
whilst at work and whilst at home.  The charge is between 95 and 100%
all the time, like that.

My battery lifetime (end of life was when the capacity fully charged
was only 4 minutes instead of 4 hours) was almost exactly two years.

regards,  Trevor