[Ti] about the Safari Beta v.64 license .....

Chris Malanga chrismalanga at earthlink.net
Thu Mar 13 05:17:45 PST 2003

Then, on 3/13/03 12:27 AM, Shawn King <shawn at yourmaclife.com> wrote:

> No one on the Safari team is doing that. You may meet people in Chat Rooms
> who *say* they are with Apple, but I guarantee they are not.

Shawn,

I haven't downloaded any of the "unofficial betas," and will wait until
there is a more stable, official  version out, however Loren does make a
point.  Have you seen Dave Hyatt's weblog
(http://www.mozillazine.org/weblogs/hyatt/), which said the following on
February 27th?

> ... if there were a Safari v62, and it did happen to leak to the public, and
> someone did happen to run it, and that person did happen to discover a bug
> with text-decoration, well then I would hypothetically be most grateful, and
> would in fact fix such a bug with the utmost expedience. In fact, it might
> even be fixed already, assuming of course there were such a build, and it did
> in fact have this problem.

Sounds like he wasn't too broken up about the "unauthorized beta" being
released, and in effect was asking for help in fixing a bug.  And this is
the lead developer - and an Apple employee.  So, I would agree with Loren
that Apple isn't to concerned about this being out there.

Chris Malanga
chrismalanga at earthlink.net

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
"Power outage at a department store yesterday, Twenty people were trapped on
the escalators."