[Ti] [OT] Safari v64 might be here

David Remahl david at ittpoi.com
Thu Mar 13 08:18:21 PST 2003

They never actually said they would make Safari open source. They build
it with open source components, and harvest the work of the open source
community, but they made a choice to use KHTML, not only because it was
technically good, but because its license allowed them to keep the rest
of the program closed source.

On the other hand, they are making WebCore public, and will even create
a WebKit, which will allow developers to embed a very powerful browser
view into their applications. Which is really all that matters. I don't
think the User Interface part of Safari would be that interresting to
have as open source. It is way too specific.

/ Rgds, David