[Ti] about the Safari Beta v.64 license .....

Shawn King shawn at yourmaclife.com
Thu Mar 13 11:04:41 PST 2003

On 3/13/03 7:17 AM, "Chris Malanga" <chrismalanga at earthlink.net> wrote:

> however Loren does make a
> point.  Have you seen Dave Hyatt's weblog
> (http://www.mozillazine.org/weblogs/hyatt/), which said the following on
> February 27th?
>
>> ... if there were a Safari v62, and it did happen to leak to the public, and
>> someone did happen to run it, and that person did happen to discover a bug
>> with text-decoration, well then I would hypothetically be most grateful, and
>> would in fact fix such a bug with the utmost expedience. In fact, it might
>> even be fixed already, assuming of course there were such a build, and it did
>> in fact have this problem.
>
> Sounds like he wasn't too broken up about the "unauthorized beta" being
> released, and in effect was asking for help in fixing a bug.  And this is
> the lead developer - and an Apple employee.

Where was this posted? It wasn't on Apple's web site. This was a post from
someone making it *very* clear that, when he is speaking in his blog, he is
not officially speaking as an Apple employee.

It's similar to Ken Bereskin's blog:
<http://radio.weblogs.com/0100676/>

He is an Apple employee but, in the blog, he is simply speaking as a
"citizen". Nothing wrong with that, free speech and all.

But don't take the writings of a "citizen" on some web site to be Apple
Corporate Policy.

Shawn King
On this week's YML:
Design Tools Monthly,