[Ti] What is this going to do to Apple, and its laptops?

Kynan Shook kshook at mac.com
Thu Mar 13 12:58:47 PST 2003

On Thursday, March 13, 2003, at 02:47  PM, Massimo Marino wrote:
>> I wrote:
>> FWIW, Centrino will soon ship with one of the faster 802.11 variants
>> (I
>> forget which, but I think g), but the chipset wasn't ready soon enough
>> to be included on the first version.
>
> uhm, nope.
> centrino comes with 802.11b <------- from Intel press release:
> http://www.intel.com/products/mobiletechnology/wireless.htm

Yes, I know it comes with 802.11b NOW; I was saying that it will *soon*
come out with a faster version, probably g.  This happened because the
approval for the standard for g is coming along pretty slowly, so the
chipset wasn't finalized in time to include it with this version of
Centrino.

Kynan Shook
kshook at mac.com
http://homepage.mac.com/kshook/index.html