[Ti] best disk optimizier

Kynan Shook kshook at mac.com
Sat Mar 15 18:53:37 PST 2003

DiskWarrior, all the way.  Might be worth waiting for the next version
of it if you mainly use OS X, however.
Norton has a tendency to screw things up sometimes, and can cause more
problems than it fixes.  TechTool is OK, but just really won't fix as
many disk problems as DiskWarrior.  Admittedly, all three are good at
certain things and not others, but I'd call DiskWarrior the best
overall.  If you have a big budget, buy all three; I've had problems
bad enough that only one of the three will even touch the drive, or
other problems where two of the utilities find something wrong but
can't fix it, while the third fixes it.

t molnar <tam at em.ca> writes:
> Suggestions on good disk utilities?
>
> Disk Warrior ? Norton? Tech Tools?