[Ti] "mostly" made on a Mac?

Michael Bigley wakinyan at fuse.net
Tue Mar 18 06:30:39 PST 2003

>Not yet - I am going to add a database connection through MS Access
>in the near future. Perhaps I should put that on the pages that are
>created in Front Page. (actually, so far, the pages that will
>eventually support a form have been created 100% on a mac, in
>Dreamweaver MX - I will open those pages up, and add the database
>connection in Front Page).

Frontpage is an absolutely horrible choice to develop web pages in,
especially if you already have dreamweaver... If you ever have
trouble loading a web page, view source and over half the time the
site is created in Frontpage. In fact, with non-IE browsers of today,
I would WAG it to be over 75%.

It creates very proprietary(to IE/windoze) and buggy code.  Create a
page with Frontpage, then create the same in dreamweaver and look at
the bulky, excess code from Frontpage...

I would also suggest MySQL over Access. Some pretty good GUI tools
for OSX now and because of the Open Source community, lots of free
help online.  MySQL performed neck and neck with Oracle and miles
ahead of everything else in the Ziff Davis shootout.

Free youself from M$ proprietary gunk ;-)
--
       http://www.norbertrunning.com