[Ti] "mostly" made on a Mac?

John Pariseau simplymail at ururk.com
Tue Mar 18 06:10:01 PST 2003

From: John Pariseau <simplymail at ururk.com>
Date: Tue Mar 18, 2003  8:48:48  AM America/Detroit
To: "Trevor J. Hutley" <hutley at geneva-link.ch>
Subject: Re: "mostly" made on a Mac?

> John - I was quite perturbed to read the statement: 'mostly made on a
> mac' !
>
> It suggests that there are parts that you could not make with a Mac.
> If you meant that there were parts that you chose not to make on a
> Mac, you might want to word it differently (or am I too sensitive?)

Maybe a bit too sensitive. I mean, I am bilingual : ) I prefer macs
over PC (I have a Ti!), but some stuff just won't run on a mac (Front
Page, Access needs a PC or Virtual PC - VERY SLOW!).

> My observation is that http://www.ururk.com/portfolio would not load
> with Safari (v unstated).

try:

http://www.ururk.com/portfolio/index.html

The index page should automatically come up.

It should load in Safari (it loads for me) v60, Camino .7, Chimera .7,
Netscape 7, IE 5.2.2. Also tested in OS 9. I have not tried Safari v64
or v62.

On the PC front, IE 5, Netscape 4.7 (not completely - no Flash 6
support), Netscape 6 or the latest version for the PC (I have no clue!).

> However, it would load with IE 5.2.2 ....
> This suggests the presence of some M$T-specific stuff?

Not yet - I am going to add a database connection through MS Access in
the near future. Perhaps I should put that on the pages that are
created in Front Page. (actually, so far, the pages that will
eventually support a form have been created 100% on a mac, in
Dreamweaver MX - I will open those pages up, and add the database
connection in Front Page).

Or I could add an addendum.

I just though, most sites say, "Made with a Mac", or "Made with a PC".
I though it was kinda funny to say, "Mostly made with a mac". Perhaps
something like, "Mostly made with a mac because MS didn't port MS
Access over to the Mac Platform". Or, "Made with a mac, including Front
Page and Access in Virtual PC 6.0"

I don't know CGI, perl, java, or ODBC, so I really need an easy and
readymade solution for this type of thing.

Anyways, this is getting a bit off topic. As a side note, my Portfolio
does have a place for "stuff", and one of the subsections will include
something mac/TiBook related. Definitely iPod related.