[Ti] What kind of Powerbook G4 does everyone have?

b galahad9 at earthlink.net
Tue Mar 18 13:50:21 PST 2003

According to Gary Wall:

>Hey, We've got a KayPro sitting in our office. belongs to my boss,
>not in use. But cool to look at.
>Gary
>On Tuesday, March 18, 2003, at 03:50  PM, b wrote:

Hey, that's neat. :=)

Whenever I think of the KayPro it takes me back to my old
neighborhood [Mountain View, CA], and the sight of floor-to-ceiling
'receivers', at a friend's house, that were listening to Sputnik and
the Telstar 1...

Guys building computers from 'how-to' articles in Mechanix
Illustrated... the building of the Linear Accelerator at Stanford...
my first job in the Stanford Industrial Park... nobody [er, hardly
anybody] knew where we were going...

I have an old SE at my office [which I rarely visit, being homebound,
and Powerbook-independent of commutes, etc], and when I see it I
can't help but think how 'small' the screen is...but at the time it
was like a window on the whole world... amazing stuff...

It's funny, I wrote a little program for my biz partner's retail
record shop, on an Apple, was working at Tab Products [they made
'smart' terminals for the IBM 360] over on California Ave, my best
friend was the head tech at Atari [on the Games side, not the
computers], who'd been there since day One, and his little brother
was working next door to me at HP, in Palo Alto. Amazing days.

With what's going on in the World, today,... I wish I could 'go
back'... somehow. I miss the Bay Area a lot...and the KayPro,
early-Apple days.

~flipper