Strange Battery/Charging Behavior

Neil Cadsawan rainer3 at mac.com
Tue Mar 18 15:27:38 PST 2003

My battery has, over the past couple of months or so, shown a decreased
capacity from over 2 hours to 28 minutes.  In hopes that a few cycles
of draining/charging might give some life back into the battery, I
unplugged the battery and continued to use it till it died.  When the
battery reached 2 minutes left (according to the battery status) I was
able to continue using the batter for an additional 40 some minutes.
At that point I didn't continue until it drained completely, but
plugged the computer back in.

Since that time, the charger plug no longer turns orange when charging
the battery.  I haven't had a chance to let the battery drain down
during use yet, but I'm puzzled as to why the charger no longer changes
colors.  Any ideas?

Thanks,
-Neil

-------