[Ti] network IP search software

Jesse Brown jesse.brown at mac.com
Wed Mar 19 08:06:27 PST 2003

On 3/19/03 2:05, "t molnar" <tam at em.ca> wrote:

> Can anyone point me to some OS X software (or 9) that will let me see
> the ip address on a local network? Like in a school with a mixed
> computer environment (windows 95/98/200 and powermacs 0S 7.5.3 up to
> OS X)

I'm not really sure what you are asking. If you want to know what your own
ip address is on the network just look  in the network preferences or do a
"ifconfig -a" on the command line to see what's assigned to en0 (ethernet
interface)

If you want to see what else is on the local subnet, you will need something
like ipnetmonitor X or classic which allows you to do an ip scan.

There's also Neon SW whichh has Lan Surveyor - pricey professional grade
stuff.

Look on Verisontracker under network utlities. There's tons 'o stuff.

--
Jesse

"The gift which I am sending you is called a dog, and is in fact the most
precious and valuable possession of mankind." - Theo. Gaza