[Ti] Virtual PC and USB Questions [off list]

Dennis Fazio dfz at mac.com
Wed Mar 19 14:58:53 PST 2003

--On Tuesday, March 18, 2003 11:15 PM -0500 b <galahad9 at earthlink.net> wrote:

> VPC and the COM settings and whatnot, and my experience is that with VirtualPC 6 running Win2000 Pro, or XP, on my Titanium 667, all of the COM things and abilities for the VPC install to 'see' devices on the Mac, are greatly improved.
>
> Installations are faster, in fact there is more than noticeable improvement, all across the board, except for screen redraws which remain a bit choppy, but otherwise, far better. Might be worth a shot.

Hi, "flipper"

I have a TiBook 667 (Rev B Fall 2001) and since it didn't have the large Level 3 cache that VPC 6 seemed to take better advantage of, I was reluctant to spring for the upgrade, since I didn't think I'd get that much of an improvement. I'm running VPC 5.0.4. now.

Are you saying that you noticed a considerable improvement in performance from version 5 to 6 on the same machine as mine (which would cause me to re-evaluate an upgrade), or do you have the Spring 2002 TiBook 667 with the Level 3 cache?

--
Dennis Fazio
dfz at mac.com