[Ti] Offtopic: likely date for new iPods

Loren Schooley loren at flash.net
Thu Mar 20 06:13:33 PST 2003

On 3/20/03 2:27 AM, "c.buttimer at mdx.ac.uk" <c.buttimer at mdx.ac.uk> wrote:

> Apologies for the not strictly ontopic question, but I'm contemplating
> purchasing an iPod but want to wait until the next revision is produced -
> would any listmembers be prepared to hazard a guess when that is likely to
> be?
>
> Many thanks for any help you can give,
>
> Colin.

Hardware revision? Apple doesn't do that, it's software revision, and that
has just been released just today.

Apple has released iPod Software 1.2.6.  According to Apple, 'After updating
the iPod, customers can expect at least 10 days of standby battery...

The next hardware revision rumor is a 40Gig model. None of the existing
models will be revised. My advise: Get the 20gig. I have a 10 gig and it is
maxxed out to the max.