[Ti] Free nationwide wireless internet

Steve Wozniak steve at woz.org
Fri Mar 21 11:44:18 PST 2003

At 1:22 PM -0600 3/21/03, JELyon wrote:

>If I understand correctly, you would get the DHCP address from a DHCP server (a *nix box, nt box, or gateway/router, for example) sitting on your home network - just like dialing into an ISP - except your home network is your ISP.

I'm scratching my head until one of us achieves this.

The TiBook makes a standard PPP (modem) dial-up connection, using one of your T-Mobile cell phones. This call has to be to another cell phone on your T-Mobile family plan, to avoid any charges. That receiving cell phone is connected to the computer, as a modem. The computer has to answer PPP style.

I'm just realizing that I don't know how to answer in OS X, but there must be a way. Otherwise, the answering computer could be running MacOS 9 and answer with Remote Access.
--

Regards,

Steve  (is tv wake zone?)