[Ti] 17" - Opened, Pretty & -?Network/Location Prefs?

David Remahl david at ittpoi.com
Fri Mar 21 16:51:31 PST 2003

On Friday, March 21, 2003, at 08:35 PM, David Ferleger wrote:

> 17" opened a while ago. Partitioned to 2 partitions. Software/OS X
> reinstalled. 10.2.4. Copied whatever preferences from Home I
> recognized. Ignored old non-used
> preferences.
>
> Got my OLD dock icons back and there's no need to fix aliases of
> applications or folders! Surprise to me!
>
> Its a WIDE machine -- the width is incredible - seems wider in ratio
> than the height diff next to the 15". Shinier color, that Aluminum.
> BIG speaker grills. I find the real estate BELOW the keyboard, which
> is quite deep, to be more comfy than on the 15" - more of my wrist/arm
> fits there. I'd rather have the power cord on the back but, with new
> hinge, can't be done.
>
> *** QUESTION: I have a half dozen locations (hotels, office, home,
> airport home, airport office, cisco wireless card, etc.  WHERE ARE THE
> NETWORK LOCATIONS in pref or other files? CAN SOMEONE HELP ME? So I
> can copy them!! ********** Sorry to bother the Ti list on this!

The network settings are stored here:

/var/db/SystemConfiguration

To access this folder, select Go to Folder... in the finder and enter
/var/db. Move the directory to your new machine and put them in the
same location. You will have to show info on the containing folder and
temporarily change the privileges for it, so that you may modify it
(using the Get Info window). Then change them back when you made the
change.

/ Rgds, David Remahl