[Ti] Rubber Thingees and top latch

Jerry Krinock dearjerry at mindspring.com
Sat Mar 22 14:03:35 PST 2003

on 03/03/22 12:49, Evan Shea at darkglory at earthlink.net wrote:

>   Two questions today.  Firstly, on my Ti500 the little rubber feet-type
> things to the far edges left and right of the trackpad (you know, the ones
> that would keep the screen from pressing too firmly against the keyboard...

Check list archives for recommended part number.  People were buying some
little rubber bumpers at a hardware store or something.

>   My second question, which is actually a bit more pressing, has to do
> with the latch that keeps the 'book closed - it broke.  The hook in the top
> is fine

You're lucky because that would have cost you ~1000 USD for a new screen.

> it's the part where the release button is that broke.  The piece of
> plastic that the hook latches onto has broken, so now when I close it, the
> hook in the top has nothing to catch on and it's impossible to keep closed.
> ... I ... don't want to spend a lot
> of money on such a relatively small thing.

It depends...whether you think 89 USD is a lot.  That's what a new latch
costs at pbparts.com.

(USD = U.S. dollars)