[Ti] Mail help for 17 inch

b galahad9 at earthlink.net
Sun Mar 23 13:48:34 PST 2003

According to Cyn:

>I am new to Jaguar and just got a new 17 inch PB.
>

>Could someone please help me get Mail to work.
>
>When I try to get my mail I keep getting a message that says "The
>server rejected the password for User Cyndi"
>
>My setup is as follows:
>
>17Inch Albook OS 10.2.4
>Came with airport extreme card installed
>
>I already had TiBook with Airport card and Airport base station
>hooked up to cable modem. I was just joining AlBook to the existing
>network.
>
>Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Usually the "Name" you have to put in isn't your local 'Mac' user
name, they want the name on your email account, as in 'whatever comes
before the @" . In other words if you're trying to get your mail from
the addy in your email post here, you'd put in flanders1, or perhaps
flanders1 at charter.net.  THEN, your password associated with the email
account will work fine.

~flipper