[Ti] Mail help for 17 inch

Robert Ameeti robert at ameeti.net
Sun Mar 23 14:25:23 PST 2003

>>When I try to get my mail I keep getting a message that says "The server rejected the password for User Cyndi"
>
>Usually the "Name" you have to put in isn't your local 'Mac' user name, they want the name on your email account, as in 'whatever comes before the @" . In other words if you're trying to get your mail from the addy in your email post here, you'd put in flanders1, or perhaps flanders1 at charter.net.  THEN, your password associated with the email account will work fine.

This is all about smtp or pop server setting, email user name, and password. Your network is working fine.

The first thing I'd check is to see if you are set correctly for a POP or IMAP account. Then check your user name as mentioned above.
--

Robert Ameeti
mailto:robert at ameeti.net

Hex math would be easier if I had 16 fingers.