[Ti] Battery Question

John Griffin jwegriffin at mac.com
Mon Mar 24 07:48:29 PST 2003

On  Thu, 13 Mar 2003 10:00:16 +0100 Trevor J. Hutley <hutley at geneva-link.ch>
wrote:

> There is no way to rejuvenate a Li-ion battery (to my knowledge).
> Dead is dead.

Not always. I believe there is a thread in MacFixit somewhere about ways of
bringing a battery that appears dead back to life. I forgot what the
instructions are, but you need to reset some things, do things with the
firmware, etc., etc.

The gist of it seems to be that a manager chip can gets screwed up and will
not allow the battery to charge normally.

Just go into MacFixit Archives and type a few search words.

jg