[Ti] Has anyone taken Big Al for a fly yet?

Jeremy Kezer jeremykezer at mac.com
Mon Mar 24 07:31:52 PST 2003

>Big Al is 15.4 inch wide; airplane seats (in the common people
>class) are only between 1 and 2 inch wider. Could someone post their
>experience?

Not yet - I'll be traveling with it in late June.  Hopefully others
will travel before then.  :)

Here are some things I don't like, or are requiring me to adapt from
my 15" PowerBook...

-  The unit takes up more desk space than you'd think, because all
the connectors are on the sides now.  Power on left, Ethernet on
right, and it ends up taking up 20" of width on my desk.

-  I'm having a bit of trouble adapting to the larger trackpad - I
find I have to keep lifting up my finger and redragging to move
around the large deskspace.  I'm playing with the tracking speed to
see if I can find a more comfortable setting.  I have always just
used the default settings.

-  The EJECT key is now separate from F12.  I have F11 preprogrammed
for a common app I launch and I keep missing it because I'm trained
to hit the 2nd key from the right.  Again, I'm sure I'll adapt.

Other than these little nits the machine is a dream.  Solid, fast,
beautiful screen, a dream to have.

Jeremy