[Ti] (not) A Lemon

Trevor J. Hutley hutley at geneva-link.ch
Tue Mar 25 01:19:02 PST 2003

At 21:03 -0500 24-3-2003, Michael Bigley wrote:
>>My impression from this list is that the 500Mhz TiBook is the most
>>troublesome. Is it the machine, or have more of this type been sold
>>than of other TiBooks? (I over-clocked my 400Mhz to 500Mhz and it
>>still runs smoothly after 2.5 years.)
>>Peace. Eduard.
>
>my ti500 has been great.  I recently replaced the powersupply, and
>from what I have read and experienced in the last few days, it looks
>like I will be replacing the battery soon.  It has been up and
>running on average 15 hours a day since I got it.

My (March 2001) Ti-500 travels from home to the office and back
everyday, runs 24h/7d a week, and goes on holiday and business trips
(many times at 40 000 feet, Simon).  One dead CD drive replaced under
warranty, and just recently a new battery (Li-ion lifetime expected
to be around 2y), but no other technical problem.  I remain pretty
impressed.
Note that my March 1997 Powerbook 3400c is still running fine on
OS9.1, and just two weeks ago was loaned to a friend for her trip to
California....

T.