[Ti] Fax by Page Sender 'failed'

Trevor J. Hutley hutley at geneva-link.ch
Tue Mar 25 13:15:45 PST 2003

At 15:53 -0500 25-3-2003, William Scammell wrote:
>>Trevor J. Hutley tapped out this message on 3/25/2003 12:38 PM
>>
>>>It would be nice to have an easy Fax software for OS X, as Fax STF
>>>was under OS 9.
>>>I thought Page Sender could be that, but no proof so far.
>
>trevor:
>
>i don't know what the "system profiler" is called in osX, but does
>osX even see the modem/fax line?

I do not know.  The line was there under OS9 (since I sent the fax),
so it was certainly there under OS X, but whether it was "seen" I
cannot tell you.

>your previous post didn't mention if you heard dialing, etc.

Under OS9, I heard the dialing, the fax modem answering etc.  But
nothing under OS X with Page Sender.

>although you probably checked this,

  As I said, it came up "failed" immediately, before anything could
happen, like dialing sounds etc.

>did you assign any special codes for dialing out of your building, etc.?

Yes, yes, all that was OK and double-checked in the Preferences

>and of course, did you trash the Prefs file?

If I knew which one it was, I would have (still thinking OS9, but
never knowing exactly where the files are lurking in OS X, usually
called somethiing "plist")

>bill
>(still stubbornly living in 9.2.2 land)

Thanks anyway for your suggestions.