[Ti] Speaking of 17 inches ;-)

Steve Wozniak steve at woz.org
Tue Mar 25 14:38:40 PST 2003

At 5:12 PM -0500 2003.03.25, Cyn wrote:

>What a SWEET machine it is. However, I am wondering how others are
>getting along with it on their laps? I have been using mine on my
>desk along side my TiBook 500. It wasn't until last night that I
>realized I hadn't tried it in my lounge chair. The keyboard is
>further away compared to the Tibook. An adjustment I am sure I can
>live with.
>
>It was a pleasure having the keyboard light up on it's own instead of
>using the kensington flylight!
>
>I have yet to feel any heat coming from it or fans going on.
>
>So far so good.......I just need more time alone with it without
>trying to do a thousand other things. Time to call my self up and
>call in sick! (I am self employed)

The PCMCIA eject button is easy to accidentally press. I expect that it will occasionally eject a camera media card early on occasion.

I used it in the backseat of a car successfully today. I'm waiting to hear how it does on planes.

One time my Big Al apparently didn't close securely, and it was rather hot some time later. It spreads the heat out but it does get warm. Also, my fan comes on now and then. Overall, I'd rate it an improvement in running cool, and I don't feel the need to reduce the processor performance (System Preferences --> Energy Saver --> Options --> Processor Performance).

I was very skeptical of this large a PowerBook before getting it. But one things really sold me on it. I have had trouble typing on all my recent PowerBooks including the TiBook. This one feels quite a bit different and improved, at least for my own typing. I make many fewer mistakes and the keyboard just plain feels more solid. Maybe it has partly to do with the solid aluminum, maybe it's something else.

Well, the typing improvement totally sold me on it and I wouldn't go back.
--

Regards,

Steve  (is tv wake zone?)