[Ti] Speaking of 17 inches ;-)

Cyn flanders1 at charter.net
Tue Mar 25 18:28:41 PST 2003

At 2:38 PM -0800 3/25/03, Steve Wozniak wrote:
>At 5:12 PM -0500 2003.03.25, Cyn wrote:

<snip>

>  >
>>I have yet to feel any heat coming from it or fans going on.
>>
>>So far so good.......I just need more time alone with it without
>>trying to do a thousand other things. Time to call my self up and
>>call in sick! (I am self employed)
>
>The PCMCIA eject button is easy to accidentally press. I expect that
>it will occasionally eject a camera media card early on occasion.

At first I thought it a plus to be able to eject media without having
to use a pen tip or something. Now that you say this, I will be
careful.

>I used it in the backseat of a car successfully today. I'm waiting
>to hear how it does on planes.

Would someone please volunteer a trip on a plane for us? ;-)

<snip>

>I was very skeptical of this large a PowerBook before getting it.
>But one things really sold me on it. I have had trouble typing on
>all my recent PowerBooks including the TiBook. This one feels quite
>a bit different and improved, at least for my own typing. I make
>many fewer mistakes and the keyboard just plain feels more solid.
>Maybe it has partly to do with the solid aluminum, maybe it's
>something else.

I agree, the typing is almost too smooth if that makes sense!

>Well, the typing improvement totally sold me on it and I wouldn't go back.

I also like the ports being on the sides. In the past when working at
the desk, I would have to stand up, close the lid and then connect or
disconnect USB or Firewire, re-open the lid.

--
Cyn