[Ti] Speaking of 17 inches ;-)

XXL xxl at mac.com
Tue Mar 25 21:09:05 PST 2003

Well, I HATE the side ports. They make the machine look unfinished when I
plug in my SoundsSticks and External drive.  My TiBook always looks great
cause there are not wires running everywhere. (since I sit in FRONT of the
machine) The 17" PowerBook (and all other Apple notebooks except the soon to
be replaced TiBook) requires power, USB and FireWire wires when at my desk.

Alan Kay said that the original Mac was a great looking machine from the
front, but that when you looked at the back there were ".. all sorts of
spigot and things... Just like Steve Jobs head..."  Well we now have spigots
and things on the sides.. that is not am improvement.  At least the spigots
were relatively innocuously located before.
My 2 cents..