[Ti] Speaking of 17 inches ;-)

Steve Wozniak steve at woz.org
Tue Mar 25 21:19:12 PST 2003

At 10:15 PM -0500 2003.03.25, Cyn wrote:

>Gee, the things I do for mac friends. I took both the laptops on a walk around the house. I can see a marked improvement in an area that is normally a trouble spot for the TiBook. The trouble spot is on the third, fourth and fifth stairs going to the second floor. I still have reception, it just drops a bit when in that area. (Fortunately I rarely if ever compute while sitting or standing on those stairs. ;-) I happen to be one of the lucky few who gets good reception throughout my house. I can get good reception on three floors.

Was that with an AirPort Extreme Base Station, or the older one?

On a related topic, I transferred files from a Big Al to a Little Al using the built-in AirPort Extreme's. For a single large file and 1 foot distance, I observed a transfer rate of about 2 MB per second. I tried the same transfer via an AirPort Extreme Base Station about 10 feet way. This time I observed a rate of 655 KB per second.

In contrast, I get about 5 MB per second via ethernet, between my TiBook and big Al.
--

Regards,

Steve  (is tv wake zone?)