[Ti] Speaking of 17 inches ;-)

XXL xxl at mac.com
Wed Mar 26 22:11:33 PST 2003

> my mains adapter jack could work loose and I would be unaware of it
> until the battery ran flat -- because I couldn't see it.

There is an indicator in the menu bar that shows charge status and tells you
if it unplugged. And it works quite well.

>The first thing I complained about with my 15in TiBook was the flimsy flap
>at the back which, on the four TiBooks I have owned never stayed open
>without me using one hand to hold it down while fumbling with the other
>hand to plug something in

My little door lay down flat and was never any problem for me.  It IS hard
to see what you are doing back there from the front, though.

>So while you may be right aesthetically, my ergonomic vote goes to side ports.

How is it ergonomic to have cables sprouting all over my desk? I mean, once
the cable is inserted on the back it is out of the way and your aggravation
is over relative to cables.  But once you insert it on the side it becomes a
source of constant annoyance.

Perhaps, at least, we will see someone offer 90 degree angle plugs similar
to those sold for electric guitars.  That would minimize the "jug-ear"
effect of cable loops on each side of the computer.