[Ti] ?????? New 17" Powerbook trouble ?????

Fred fred at mindstate.com
Fri Mar 28 08:37:51 PST 2003

> Except I just happened to notice that the light was neither orange nor
> green...  i unplugged and re plugged it into the TiBook -  No help.
> Unplugged and re-plugged from the wall - everything went back to
> normal.  Happened ONCE.  In a whole year.

Actually I have had a similar experience, but only in Europe. As I have
explained before, I have both a flat in Geneva, Switzerland and one in the
States...and I travel everywhere else in the world for work.  While in the
flat in Geneva, I would have my Ti 1 GHz plugged in and suddenly I would get
the message that I had a low battery...what?  I would ck the cable, unplug
and re-plug in the Ti in the back, to the adapter, but only when I would
unplug from the wall, would the it start to charge again and I would then
get an orange charge light.  This happened every day for one week, then did
not happen for several days, then again for another week or so.  In the
States, nothing...no problem.  Go figure.
Very strange.
I have the new power blocks, the 65W ones, and both...two of them...do this
in Geneva but not in the States.  Very odd.
I called Apple, and they stated that they have had reports of this, created
a case number, are are looking into this. I have Apple Care, and so
replacement is not a problem, but why replace I the new ones will do the
same thing.  Could be a series of power blocks that were manufactured at the
same time with issues, etc.   Another friend with a Ti I GHz with the 65W
power adapters has had the same issues from time to time, same conditions,
etc.
Cheers
FRED