Power Supply plug

Eric L. Peters E-Peters at csu.edu
Sat Mar 29 11:38:53 PST 2003

Hello:

I have a loose wire (or perhaps a short in the plug) where the power
supply plugs into my Ti 667 (power keeps interrupting, but comes back
on when I fiddle with it. The amount of fiddling needed is steadily
increasing). I REALLY would like to avoid buying a new "flying
saucer". Is there any reason why I can't simply cut a couple of
inches off the end of the cord. and replace the plug?  If this is
practical, what do I replace the plug with and where can I get one?
I'm out of warranty and I don't have AppleCare.

Thanks very much,
--
Eric L. Peters
Associate Professor of Ecology and Environmental Science
9501 S. King Drive                           mailto:E-Peters at csu.edu
Chicago, IL 60628-1598          http://webs.csu.edu/~epeters/