[Ti] VirtualPC Question

Chris Olson chris at mercury1.astcomm.net
Sun Mar 30 08:40:49 PST 2003

On Sunday, March 30, 2003, at 04:02 AM, David Howarter wrote:

> I guess my problem "solved itself":  after running XP in VPC for a
> couple
> days, the dialogue box asking if I wanted to install the additions
> popped up
> and once it ran through, all was well.  I was able to configure the
> display
> resolution as necessary to get full screen viewing.

That's kind of a strange thing with VPC 6.  It seems to me Windows 98
that little dialog popped up right away.  When I put Windows 2000 in,
it never did pop up.  In Windows 98 the VPC Additions show up on the
CDROM drive with no disc in the drive.  So I set the D:\ drive as
shared in Win98, configured networking so I could network the 98 and 2K
installs with both running simultaneously, then accessed the shared D:\
drive on Windows 98 from Win 2K thru the virtual network.  Worked great
- installed the additions over the virtual network, rebooted Win2K, and
life was good.  I never have figured out how to get the additions
installed in linux.  If anybody has figured that out, I'd appreciate
hearing how it was done.

Before I put the additions in Windows 2000 with the virtual network, I
searched for a menu option in VPC6 to do just that.  I never found one.
  Apparently, it is supposed to be totally automatic.  Of course, I
never RTFM either :-)
--
Chris