[Ti] Bluetooth PC-Card

Trevor J. Hutley hutley at geneva-link.ch
Thu May 1 03:09:32 PDT 2003

At 11:17 +0200 1-5-2003, Christer Ohlin wrote:
>Anyone using a Bluetooth PC-Card with their Titanium?

not me on my Rev Ti-500/10.2.5

>I'm looking for a adapter that gives me the functionality of newer
>powerbooks with built in Bluethooth.
>
>Preferably without external antenna. Like "Xircom RealPort 2
>Bluethoot PC-Card"
>
>From Xircom´s site
>"The Xircom RealPort2 Bluetooth adapter is the first Bluetooth
>adapter on the market with fully integrated antenna design.  This
>offers the user the ability to leave the card inside the notebook,
>as nothing sticks out.  Additionally, the successful RealPort2 form
>factor, offers mix and match flexibility with any current or new
>technology. "
>
>I found nothing about OS X on the site.

Based on what Steve Wozniak reported the other day (about the non-Mac
M$T blue-tooth mouse that worked faultlessly under OS X) I would
expect that the pc-card you mention would work OK.
However, I would want to see it work in my Ti-500 before I paid out the money.
Presumably you do not have access to this card in a store, otherwise
you would just check it out.

regards,  Trevor