[Ti] I won't sign the petition [was: Canadians need not apply!]

David Remahl david at ittpoi.com
Thu May 1 09:32:01 PDT 2003

The real issue is that they don't tell us _why_ it is US only. They
could state a reason (laws, copyright, payment options, the desire to
try it on a smaller market before going global - all of those are
acceptable reasons to me as a european) and perhaps give us an idea of
approximately _when_ they plan to expand it to other areas of the
world. Right now, it seems like they care more about Windows users in
the U.S. than about faithful customers in non-U.S. countries.

This is only the latest in a series of discriminations against Europe
and other regions. During the last two years, we have been forced to
live with just being able to use part of the full potential of the
products we bought. Sherlock still lacks useful channels for me (I'm
from Sweden). It is still not possible to purchase iPhoto prints from
Sweden. And now the music store...

At least in this case there is hope. Since there is a great potential
for Apple to make BigBucks(tm) by offering the music service to Europe,
that gives them an incentive. It isn't like offering European channels
in Sherlock is going to increase the sales of Macs or Mac OS X -
probably not even so much as to cover the R&D costs associated, so
therefore it hasn't been done yet.

/ Sincerely, David