[Ti] I won't sign the petition [was: Canadians need not apply!]

Frank Farwell frankfarwell at mac.com
Thu May 1 09:45:59 PDT 2003

On Thursday, May 1, 2003, at 09:43 AM, Eduard Hoenkamp wrote:

> I am unhappy with the petition page mentioned in this digest
> http://www.petitiononline.com/AppleInt/petition.html
snipped
>  I wake up my sleeping billing address in the US and see if I can use
> this to purchase music even while living abroad. I suggest Apple adds
> a line about the reason for the expressed policy. Eduard.

Eduard
you hit this pretty close the issues are legal issues with the
individual countries. we might do better to get your individual country
to relax its policies to let apple in. Until these legal issues are
solved with your country it wont happen. apple is working on this. But
should they wait a year or whatever to release this software until it
is all worked out - i think not.  US is the test plot too before too
much time and legal things get wrangled out it must be made fully
workable, profitable. if they went world wide, had it all worked out in
advance and it failed somehow - it could hurt apple big time. This is
in many ways breaking new ground and the waters are being tested before
the big dip.

frank farwell