[Ti] I won't sign the petition [was: Canadians need not apply!]

Robert Ameeti robert at ameeti.net
Thu May 1 11:13:04 PDT 2003

>On Thursday, May 1, 2003, at 07:42 PM, Robert Ameeti wrote:
>
>>>The real issue is that they don't tell us _why_ it is US only. They could state a reason
>>
>>Why should they have to? They don't work for you. They could if they chose, to just do it cuz they wanted to. They are not obligated to tell anyone their reasons.
>
>No, but I think it would be _wise_ of them to inform their customers, to avoid unnecessary negative publicity.

The only negative publicity comes from short sighted people. Not from actions on Apple's part.

>Question is, why did they say that Windows support would come in

Cuz they expect to be able to make money from it. Everything is about making a profit. If they can do it right, and make money, then they will do it. And we should expect no more.

>>>This is only the latest in a series of discriminations against Europe and other regions.
>>
>>Discrimination. Jeez. Get over it. Everyone is against you. We don't like you. We don't like your money. Business is business. If we can figure out a way to take your money and make a profit while doing it, we will do it. If we can't make money selling to you, we won't do it. And I'll be damned to think we should be forced to do anything  that we don't want to do.
>
>I wonder how _you_ would have reacted if this music service had been introduced first in Japan or Europe, with Apple making no mention of when the U.S. would follow.

This happens all the time. Japanese companies release their electronic products to their local users first. We in America, get access to the products months later, if at all. The best that we can do is travel to Japan or Hong Kong, buy a version that is in Japanese, and then hope that we can get it serviced if it needs repair. This is for VCRs, DVD Players, Phones, etc. Sound familiar?
--

Robert Ameeti
mailto:robert at ameeti.net

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.

- Eleanor Roosevelt