[Ti] Thank You, AAC

Sam Hotchkiss ti at zlit.net
Fri May 2 09:52:16 PDT 2003

On 5/2/03 10:41 AM, "Rick Banuelos" <teasethedog at mac.com> wrote:

> on 5/2/03 9:35 AM, Sam Hotchkiss at ti at zlit.net wrote:
>
>> I've just finished recompressing all my mp3s as AACs, and my previously full
>> 20gb iPod now has (drumroll, please) 7 gigs free!
>>
>> Thank you apple-- I feel like I just got a 30 gig iPod for free!
>

> Is it possible to do that in iTunes, or did you have to re-rip all of your
> CDs?

It would probably be nice of me to tell you HOW... Just change the import
engine to AAC in preferences, then select all your tracks, and choose
"Convert selection to AAC" from the "Advanced" menu.  Then throw away the
mp3s.
--
Samuel W. Hotchkiss
President, Contractor Services, LLC.
hotch at zlit.net

Laptop History: PB 145, PB 520c, PB 3400c, 400mhz Pismo, 400mhz TiBook,
667mhz TiBook (rev b), 1ghz TiBook