[Ti] Copy bootable DVD?

Steve Wozniak steve at woz.org
Fri May 2 23:05:26 PDT 2003

At 11:42 PM -0400 2003.05.02, b wrote:
>Once toast burns the 'saved' image from the inserted, copied disk, it retains the image, after the burned disk is ejected. It might even ask if you want to save? Usually i click, no, and toast quits, but before the quit, whenever there's a 'saved' image [still visible as the title, inside the toast window], i get the "Save?" prompt. This leads me to believe that one could easily click on "Burn", again and then insert a new disk, etc...

Toast used to do this for me. This was the first time I used the 'Copy' tab instead of selecting a disk format and dragging contents into the Toast window, as in the past. It was easy and non-confusing but I didn't get a Save option or ability to re-burn, as in the past. There was no menu item that seemed to do this either [With Toast still running] I could not locate an image file either, either via Sherlock or by opening logical 'Documents' and Library folders and others. I looked into Toast Help but, as usual, it didn't. The Help item didn't say anything about repeated copies.

My comments are based on actually copying a System DVD a couple of days ago..
--

Regards,

Steve  (is tv wake zone?)