BootCD (Re: [Ti] Copy bootable DVD?)

Simon Chapman sc at pr100.com
Sat May 3 02:39:01 PDT 2003

This isn't strictly relevant but I was delighted to discover how easy it is
to make an emergency Os 10.2 boot CD - complete with third-party utilities
of my choice - using the free BootCD from http://www.charlessoft.com/

Having had a bad experience with Carbon Copy Cloner, my options seemed
limited, especially since the Apple system restore DVD which came with my
1Ghz 15in TiBook offered no interactivity whatsoever with my installed
system. But BootCD created a cut-down boot disk using only my installed
system as the source... and since the whole process required only some two
mouse clicks from me, any idiot can do it right, first time.

Stan