[Ti] Memory (again)

Kynan Shook kshook at mac.com
Sun May 4 00:02:12 PDT 2003

Quality, presumably.  I'm not sure how good transintl.com is (it's
easiest for me to tell whether RAM is good or not by just looking at
the chip), but that's the main difference.  They might have better
quality control, customer service, etc.
The good-quality RAM that is less likely to fail over time (and is also
less likely to be bad upon initial use) just costs more, that's a fact
of life.  I'm sure there's increased manufacturing and testing costs,
and they probably make a little more profit too.

You see a similar thing in many other markets; cars for example.  Kia
is like the bargain-basement RAM; I saw a study that found Kia's cars
to be the least reliable over the first year, with somewhere around 220
problems per 100 cars in the first year.  One of the best was Toyota or
something like that, I think, around 110 problems per 100 cars.

"BigScanner.com" <terry at bigscanner.com> writes:
> Here's where I'm confused...
> How does this $119 module differ from the $84 one at 18004memory?

Kynan Shook
kshook at mac.com
http://homepage.mac.com/kshook/index.html