[Ti] [OT} All this 'anti-piracy' stuff

b galahad9 at earthlink.net
Sat May 3 23:30:55 PDT 2003

Steve Wozniak paused, thought it over, and spoke thusly:

>At 5:09 PM -0400 2003.05.03, b wrote:
>
>>I cannot speak for those outside America, but here, in that part of
>>the US where we take the Constitution seriously, it is our duty to
>>disobey the 'convention' of the latest law, when it is morally
>>wrong to obey blindly. Not a 'right', a duty. ... [snipped]....
>>But where collusion exists between the 9th circuit, the Supreme
>>Court, regulators in the bureaucratic Gov't, the
>>bought-and-paid-for-Congress, and Industry, well, the table is set
>>for civil disobedience.
>
>People who practice civil disobedience do so openly and expect to
>pay fines as the price charged by society for those infractions. In
>other words, it's a contractual trade. Parking overtime falls into
>this category. You can say "I'll pay the $25 this time." The
>equivalent would be to openly call to the attention of the record
>companies that you steal their product, and tell them why they
>should be paying you for it, and take the consequences.
>--

I was arrested numerous times as a result of sit-ins, occupations,
school strikes in high school [in Mountain view], up at foothill
College [in Los Altos Hills], over at Stanford and Lytton Plaza [Palo
Alto], over at SRI in Menlo Park,  and up at San Francisco
State...I'll be drafting letters to the Big Six as soon as I'm
relocated to Syracuse. [Within 2 weeks, if I get financing together
quickly enough] Thanks for the idea Steve, I appreciate it.

~flipper