[Ti] 4 songs per second

Mark Dorset mark at suburbia.com.au
Sat May 3 23:21:11 PDT 2003

On Friday, May 2, 2003, at 11:13 Australia/Melbourne, T.L.Miller wrote:
>> 1) bother to remember that there's a whole world out there besides the
>> U.S.A.
>
> Surely you can't be believing this!!! Apple doesn't want your money
> because you're outside the US -- does that make sense?? Don't you think
> there are legal reasons behind the restrictions?

It's irrelevant - like I said in my original post, "I might buy
something when...", and then listed the two reasons why I am not going
be buying from the itunes shop. If the service won't let me shop there
because I'm not American, what am I meant to do?

>> 2) actually put some independent label stuff on it. Until then, I'm
>> not
>> going to support a service that doesn't support the underdogs and
>> leaders of musical innovation.
>
> How many days has the store been open? Why not give them a chance to
> build their library of music.

I never said I will never use the iTunes shop. If they allow
Australians to buy from it *and* they support independent labels, then
I will. I am not demanding they do this, or giving them a timeline;
just stating what will need to happen for me to be a customer.

> If it were your business and you were
> trying to get going, would you start with the major players or the
> independent stuff?

Since you ask, I am currently looking into starting an online music
store, and if it goes ahead, we will be selling the independent stuff,
and selling vinyl (yes, it still exists).

regards,
Mark