[Ti] [OT} All this 'anti-piracy' stuff

Steve Wozniak steve at woz.org
Sat May 3 19:54:30 PDT 2003

At 5:09 PM -0400 2003.05.03, b wrote:

>I cannot speak for those outside America, but here, in that part of the US where we take the Constitution seriously, it is our duty to disobey the 'convention' of the latest law, when it is morally wrong to obey blindly. Not a 'right', a duty. ... [snipped]....  But where collusion exists between the 9th circuit, the Supreme Court, regulators in the bureaucratic Gov't, the bought-and-paid-for-Congress, and Industry, well, the table is set for civil disobedience.

People who practice civil disobedience do so openly and expect to pay fines as the price charged by society for those infractions. In other words, it's a contractual trade. Parking overtime falls into this category. You can say "I'll pay the $25 this time." The equivalent would be to openly call to the attention of the record companies that you steal their product, and tell them why they should be paying you for it, and take the consequences.
--

Regards,

Steve  (is tv wake zone?)