Alerts Not Coming To Front (Low Battery in 10.2.5)

Jerry Krinock dearjerry at mindspring.com
Sun May 4 07:26:56 PDT 2003

A couple weeks ago we had a discussion regarding why we don¹t get
low-battery warnings any more with OS 10.2.5.

I've noticed that I get the alert sound when there is 9 minutes go, but I do
not get the Alert dialog box.

I've also noticed that alert messages from Synchronize! Pro X no longer come
to the front, and warnings from Bank of America Online Banking, that my
session is about to be timed out, on Internet Explorer, also no longer come
to the front.  Or, possibly they don't come at all.

So, my theory is that it's not the battery-warning software that is broke in
10.2.5, but the "Make This Alert And Bring To Front" function which is
broke.

What do you think?

Jerry Krinock
San Jose, CA   USA