[Ti] Most expensive iTunes download (OT) [OT]

Paul Russell prussell at arc-software.com
Sun May 4 08:18:22 PDT 2003

>While I am still experimenting with iTunes 4, and its sharing
>capacities (MP3Sushi is very sweet), I  looked in the Music Store
>and located what so far is the most expensive single purchase I have
>yet seen:
>
>Harry Belafonte's Greatest Hits. 53 tracks for $29.97. I see a
>little game here, similar to the one for Google, when you located
>only one link: what is the most expensive single download from the
>Musicstore.
>
>Probably this will change each week as Apple keeps adding new music,
>moving the goalposts.
>
>Any advances on $29.97?

The most expensive downloads I have seen so far are some spoken word
tracks on a Who album. Some of these are only of the order of 27
seconds long, but they still cost 99c, so at over 3c/min they are
probably among the most expensive individual purchases you can make
(I can call the UK from the US for less than 3c/min !). Of course the
30 s preview means that at least you get to hear the whole thing
before you buy.

Paul